Travel — Europe
Dublin & East Coast of Ireland
Counties of East Coast of Ireland
— Dublin, Meath, Louth & Wicklow
— Dublin Sightseeing & Fun Tours
Dublin is Ireland's largest city — it's also the country's capital. Rich is history and culture, Dublin's trendy shopping, fun restaurants, hot bars... and over 1,000 pubs, makes it one of Ireland's most popular destinations.
Literary greats who have hailed from Dublin include: George Bernard Shaw, Oscar Wilde, William Butler Yeats, Samuel Beckett, Bram Stoker, Jonathon Swift and James Joyce.
Dublin & North-East Ireland Attractions
Dublin attractions include the historic Dublin Castle, Trinity College (home to
treasures — The Book of Kells), the world-famous Guinness Storehouse Brewery, beautiful Georgian manors, cathedrals, parks, and free museums. Temple Bar, the city's center for entertainment and nightlife, is a popular hang-out for tourists and locals alike.
Fun Dublin Sightseeing & Tours
Dublin Sightseeing & Tours
- Book ahead to Save Time and Money!
Visit nearby County Wicklow — fun attractions include Powerscourt House & Gardens, Powerscourt Waterfall, Wicklow Mountains and Wicklow National Park.
The Boyne Valley (located in Louth and Meath counties) contains
some of the most important historic sites and monuments in Ireland — a designated World Heritage Site, it's not-to-be-missed!
Castles and Manor Houses
Ireland is famous for it's historic Castles
— many of the castles are in ruins, while others
can be rented out for special occasions and some have even been
converted to "castle hotels" to accommodate overnight
Live like royalty during your next trip — accommodations
range from ancient castles and old manor
to fancy resorts and cozy B&Bs.
Click Here for the Best
Dublin Hotel Deals!
Fun Outdoor Activities & Sporting Events
The Counties of East Ireland
offer visitors an abundance of fun outdoor activities, including walking, cycling, golf, fishing, horseback-riding, and water sports. Sporting events include world-class golf and horse-racing.
East Ireland Counties
Famous for its natural beauty and historic sites, the East of Ireland encompasses the picturesque counties of Dublin, Meath, Louth and Wicklow.
Fun area attractions include:
- Ardgillan Castle
- Boyne Valley
(Battle of the Boyne Site and Bru na Boinne)
- World Heritage Site
- Christ Church Cathedral
- Founded in 1030, it's Dublin's oldest building; famed for its medieval crypt (the second largest in Ireland/Britain)
- Cooley Peninsula
- Dublin Bay
- Bull Island is great for bird-watchers
- Dublin Castle
- Emo Court House & Gardens
- historic region features beautiful beaches, water sports, 25 golf courses, houses, gardens, and historic sites
- Glendalough Visitor Center
- Guinness Storehouse Brewery
- Hill of Tara
- mystical site; monuments and ancient standing stones
- Killruddery House & Gardens
- Ireland's oldest formal gardens
- Malahide Castle
- County Dublin
- National Botanic Gardens of Ireland
- National Museum of Ireland
- Old Mellifont Abbey
- Phoenix Park
- Europe's largest urban enclosed park
- Powerscourt House & Gardens
- Powerscourt Waterfall
- Sally Gap & Wicklow Gap
- two east-to-west passes across the
- Trinity College
- Book of Kells
- Wicklow Mountains National Park
- the spectacular park draws over one million visitors
The Irish Pubs are legendary — no
trip to the Emerald Isle is
complete without visiting a
country pub and enjoying a pint
of Guinness with
Day Trips from Dublin
You can easily visit both Cork and Blarney Castle on a Day Trip from Dublin.
Day Trips & Excursions
- Cork & Blarney Castle, Ring of Kerry, Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, Burren and Galway Bay, Wicklow Mountains, Northern Ireland including Giant's Causeway, Newgrange and Monasterboice, Connemara... and more!
Multi-Day Trips from Dublin
For longer excursions from Dublin, spread your sightseeing over several days. Visit the Dingle Peninsula, the Ring of Kerry, the Burren and the stunning Cliffs of Moher — on a clear day you can see the Aran Islands in Galway Bay from atop the cliffs.
Tours from Dublin
- Fun Trips to Cork, Blarney Castle,
Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, Galway, Connemara, Aran Islands, Northern Ireland, Dingle Peninsula... and more!