Bay Area — California
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay Attractions
Pumpkin Weigh-Off Official Rules
Moon Bay's Safeway
Weigh-Off Official Rules
- Specimen must be grown, cared for, and entered by the
- Each contestant is limited to having one entry (one pumpkin)
- Specimens that have won prizes in any other weigh-off competitions
are not eligible.
- Specimens must be in healthy and undamaged condition, free
of rot, holes and cracks through the cavity, chemical residue,
- To be classified as a pumpkin, specimens must be 75% yellow/orange
in color; all others will be classified as squash.
- The vine must be trimmed to one inch from the stem. No foreign
material is permitted in the weighing.
- All specimens will be weighed without the use of tarps or other
- Pumpkins will be classified by division based on where the
specimen is grown, not the residence of the grower.
- In the event of a tie, prize money will be distributed equally
among the tied parties.
- Decisions of the judges are final in all cases.
- The five heaviest pumpkins will remain in Half Moon Bay to
be part of a special display at the annual Half
Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival
10+ Halloween Costumes for Adults, Kids & Pets
Click to Buy Great Halloween Costumes and Party Supplies