Travel — New Jersey
Spectacular Beaches @ Jersey Shore
Famous for its spectacular white sandy beaches
and beach communities, the Jersey Shore
is one of the most popular vacation destinations on the
The Beach Towns are a short train or car
ride from downtown Manhattan. Here's a list of the beach towns
that you can
reach by train:
- Long Branch
- Asbury Park
- Bradley Beach
- Spring Lake
- Point Pleasant Beach
- Bay Head
(last stop on train)
Here are a few tips to help get you to the New Jersey Shoreline by train.
- You can take a train from Manhattan to the New Jersey Beaches
- You can walk or take a short taxi ride from the train station to a beach
- The train ride is approximately 1-2 hours each way, depending on your beach town destination
- You often have to change trains at Long Branch Station during the trip. However, all you have to do is walk across the platform to the next train — it's very easy
- The train is safe. However, you should not travel back too late
Have FUN and enjoy the beach!
Travel, Dining & Fun Things To Do eNewsletter
New York City to Jersey Shore
It's very easy to get to the
Jersey Shore from downtown Manhattan.
The North Jersey Coastline Trains are located in Penn Station. Simply catch
a "North Jersey Coastline" train
from Penn Station in New York City.
Penn Station is located at 7th Ave
and 32nd St.
Call 800-772-2222 or click on the
New Jersey Transit Train web site
link below to check on schedules,
prices and other details.
New Jersey Transit
New Jersey Transit - Map
Look for the North Jersey Coastline
Train line for the Beach Towns.
Best Ice Cream
on the Jersey Shore
Other Helpful Links
for the New Jersey Shore
We have not completed a detailed
update of the area. However, below
are some other helpful Links for the
New Jersey Shore:
Virtual New Jersey Shore
New Jersey Shore Guide
State of New Jersey Site