Attractions in Thailand
Fun Things To Do and See
There are so many fun things to do and see in Thailand's tourist destinations: Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, Koh Samui, Krabi, Pattaya, and Phuket. Popular Thailand Tourist Attractions include:
- Visit Phi Phi Islands - see the beautiful landscapes of Maya Bay (made famous by the film "The Beach")
- Explore stunning Phang Nga Bay
and see "James Bond Island"
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- local vendors selling fruits, vegetables, and flowers from their boats along the canal - FUN and great people-watching!
Fun Floating Market Tours
- Bargain-Shopping at Chatuchak Weekend Market
- "shop til you drop" at one of the world's largest outdoor markets
- Burma Railway Bridge over the
Khwae Yai River - the original
"Bridge over the River Kwai"
Bridge of River Kwai Day Trips
- Loy Krathong Festival
("Festival of Lights")
This popular and romantic festival is held every year on the night of the first full moon of the 12th lunar month (usually November; dates vary each year so be sure to check calendars in advance). Thousands of people around the country gather together as floats topped with flickering candles, flowers and incense are launched at night onto ponds, rivers and waterways throughout Thailand — it's a magical sight.
"Loy" means to "float" and "Kratong" is a lotus-shaped container lined with banana leaves that can float on the water. The light from the candles honors Buddha; floating symbolizes the release of anger or resentment, allowing a person to start afresh by making a wish and looking to the future. It also symbolizes bringing good luck. It's romantic and it's FUN!