S.F. Bay Area — California
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Attractions
MH de Young Museum
the Musée National Picasso, Paris
— June 11 - October 9, 2011
The magnificent exhibit includes over 150 paintings, sculptures, prints and drawings created by Pablo Picasso (1881-1973), drawn from the permanent collection at the Musée National Picasso, Paris — the largest and most significant repository of the artist’s work in the world.
Get an incredible up-close overview of Picasso's work — from the Blue and Rose periods into Cubism, Neoclassicism, Surrealism and Expressionism. Notable works in this Picasso Masterpieces exhibition include:
- One of his earliest Paris works — The Death of Casagemas (1901)
- The Blue period
— La Célestine (1904
- The Rose period — The Two Brothers (1906)
- African-inspired proto-Cubist work — studies for Les Demoiselles d’Avignon (1907) and
Three Figures Under a Tree (1907)
- Analytic Cubism — Man with a Guitar (1911)
- Synthetic Cubism — Violin (1915)
- The Neoclassic period
— Two Women Running on the Beach (1922)
- Surrealism — The Kiss (1925)
- The war years — The Weeping Woman (1937), and the sculptures Bull’s Head (1942) and Death’s Head (1943)
- Work from his late period including the self-portrait The Matador (1970)
Sculpture plays an important part in the exhibition and features work spanning Picasso's career:
- The Jester (1905)
- Figure (1907)
- Head of a Woman (1909)
- Guitar and Bottle of Bass (1913)
- The Violin (1915)
- Bull’s Head (1942)
- The Goat (1950)
- The Bathers (1956)
Exhibit Hours & Tickets
(last ticket 4 pm)
Wed (thru' Aug 31)
Closed Monday, except for July 4
and Labor Day (September 6)
Picasso at Twilight
Extended hours and reduced ticket prices for Picasso exhibit on Wednesday nights (June 15-August 31) — exhibition open until 8:45pm.
Special prix-fixe menu at de Young Café during this time —and the Museum’s Tower will be open for sunset viewing. Permanent Collection galleries are closed on Wednesday evenings.
de Young Museum Tickets
Tickets for the exhibition are timed and dated. Reservations for group tickets are available at email@example.com
Parking (for cars and bicycles) is available in the Concourse parking facility.
Access to the north entrance is from Fulton St. @ 10th Ave. Access to the
south entrance is at Concourse Dr. and Martin Luther King Dr. inside the
Open daily, year-round.
Limited parking is available on John F. Kennedy
Drive and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.
Sightseeing Tickets & Passes
in San Francisco
Tickets & Passes in SF